Owner: Formosa Plastics Corporation
Project: LDPE Main Control Room
Engineer: Lantana Engineering
General Contractor: Mirage Industrial Group
Project Type: $3,983,476.00
Mirage was contracted by Formosa Plastics to EPC a 20,000 SF blast proof control room with a steel frame and 8” thick custom precast concrete panels.
- Engineering and structural analysisLayout
- Site clearing
- Excavation and lime stabilization
- Electrical grounding grid
- Cast in place concrete building foundations, grade beams, and floor slab
- Procurement and erection of all structural steel components
- Slab on metal deck placement and nelson stud welding
- Procurement and erection of all blast proof wall panels
- Procurement and installation of electrified blast proof doors and windows
- Built up roofing system
- Miscellaneous steel embeds, ladders, door landings, steps etc.
Completed the project on schedule and under budget. Project required heavy correspondence and cooperation between the owner and our firm. This went smoothly and efficiently, as all of the owner’s needs and requests were met in a timely and effective manner.
Working several aspects of the job at once. Superior coordination and communication were vital to the success of this project.