Owner: Formosa Plastics Corporation
Project: Replacement of EDC Piperack Fireproofing
Engineer: Formosa Plastics Corporation
General Contractor: Mirage Industrial Group
Project Type: $1,800,000.00
Demo and replace pipe rack structure fireproofing.
- Scaffold installation
- Fireproofing demo
- Blasting and surface treatment of underlying structural steel
- Installation of epoxy corrosion prevention system
- Lathe and corner bead installation
- Fireproofing installation per manufacturer’s specification
- Sealing surface treatment
Mirage was contracted to replace old and deteriorated fireproofing in order to protect this critical pipe rack structure.
Our expert scaffold builder’s abilities were tested on this project! Working in and around live lines, valves, pumps, etc in the running unit made the task challenging. Furthermore, our client required 100% containment of any dust / debris created in the demo phase. Mirage was able to work closely with our client and accomplish this project successfully with a great finished product.