Owner: Formosa Plastics Corporation
Project: Utilities Plant Water Sand Filter
Engineer: Infilco Inc.
General Contractor: Mirage Industrial Group
Project Type: Lump Sum $ 1,489,000
Total Man-hours: 10,486
Mirage was contracted by Formosa Plastics to install a sand filter to accommodate the water requirement of the new Electrolyzer plant. The foot print of the new sand filter was 60’ x 40’ with 25’ cast in place concrete wall and divider walls, cast in place elevated water trough, and elevated sub floor.
- Excavated 2,000 cubic yard of dirt
- Placed 900 cubic yards of 4,000 PSI concrete
- Placed 67 tons of rebar
- Installed 10,500 filter nozzles
- Underground piping
- Effectively completed the project with 0 recordable injuries.
- Project was in on schedule and under budget.
Working in an operating plant amongst numerous other trades in a confined area.